Genode Labs is the driving force behind the Genode OS Framework - an open-source operating-system technology that aligns highly dynamic workloads with security, robustness, and scalability. Since founded in 2008 by the original Genode architects Norman Feske and Christian Helmuth, Genode Labs operates as an independent company solely owned by its founders. Committed to the open-source community and our customers alike, our business model combines consulting with dual licensing. Originally focused on research, today we pursue our passion as a small and tight-knit team of highly focused professionals to solve real-world problems.
- Road Map 2017 Jan 31, 2017
- After a vivid brainstorming discussion on our mailing list, we finalized Genode's official road map for this year.
- Symposium on Networked Security / Industrie 4.0 Sep 21, 2016
- Genode will attend the Symposium on Networked Security / Industrie 4.0 at the Security Essen fair.
- Interactive and dynamic workloads on top of the seL4 kernel Sep 20, 2016
- Genode's flexible and scalable OS architecture can now be combined with the formally verified seL4 microkernel.
- Genode OS Framework 16.08 released Aug 31, 2016
- Beyond the vastly improved support for seL4, the new release brings a lot of improvements in other areas ranging from networking over virtualization to new tools for statistical profiling.
- Genode OS Framework 16.05 released May 31, 2016
- With Genode 16.05, the framework API undergoes a fundamental revision, the Rust language becomes available to Genode components, GDB can now be used on 64-bit NOVA, and all ported device drivers have been updated to the current versions of the Linux and OpenBSD kernels.
- Genode OS Framework 16.02 released Feb 26, 2016
- Genode 16.02 introduces the RISC-V hardware architecture to the framework, enables the secure pass-through of USB devices to virtual machines, and updates the Muen separation kernel and the seL4 microkernel.
Follow our progress
Subscribe to our newsletterThe Genode Labs newsletter provides you with the latest news and announcements about our business and our products. Subscribe to the Genode Labs newsletter...
Receive our RSS news feedOur regular site news are also available as RSS feed.